Camp Kaleideum Summer 2020
Open for Registration!
In light of the COVID-19 situation, all Camp Kaleideum 2020 camps will be held at Kaleideum North, 400 W Hanes Mill Road.
As Kaleideum adjusts to the new normal, we will be opening our North location and moving all camps to that location. Because of this, we have added some camps and changed some camps to better accommodate the needs of the public.
The camp descriptions and dates have already been adjusted in our online registration through Blackbaud.
View camp weeks, age groups, and themes HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does camp at Kaleideum North cost?
- Ages 3 & 4 – 9 am-12:30 pm (Campers must have independent bathroom skills.) $100 member/$120 non-member per week
- Rising K – Rising 2nd – 9 am-4 pm / before care (8 am) & after care (4-5:30 pm) $200 member/$240 non-member per week
- Rising 3rd – Rising 6th – 9 am-4 pm / before care (8 am) & after care (4-5:30 pm) $200 member/$240 non-member per week
- Before care and after care are $5 each per session.
- Multiple camp discount: Buy four or more camps in a single transaction and receive $10 off each camp.
How many children can come to camp?
- PreK (Learning Lab 3) — maximum of 16
- Rising K-2 (Learning Lab 1) — maximum of 18
- Rising K-2 (Lecture Hall) — maximum of 20
- Rising 3rd-6th (Learning Lab 2) – maximum of 18
Will my child need to wear a mask?
- Campers will NOT be required to wear masks but can do so if they wish.
- Staff will wear masks except when eating and drinking or engaging in outdoor activities unless they are not able to maintain a safe physical distance from campers.
- Museum guests are recommended to wear masks.
What are your sanitation and safety protocols?
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our campers, guests, staff, and animals. Long before Coronavirus appeared, Kaleideum prioritized keeping the Museums clean and disinfected. We will continue to meet the highest standards of our cleaning protocol, which includes disinfecting our facilities, exhibits, and exhibit props daily with an EPA approved, hospital-grade disinfectant proven to kill COVID-19. Kaleideum staff follow basic hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing and using alcohol-based sanitizers. Kaleideum staff received training on COVID-19 response through the Workforce Restart program. Campers will learn and practice proper hand washing techniques. There is a sink in each classroom. Kaleideum staff will have their temperature taken and will a answer a series of health questions before they are permitted to begin their shift.
After-Care from 4-5:30 pm
Snacks and Lunch
Campers should bring two snacks, lunch, and a drink. The water fountains will be turned off, so please send your child with a labeled water bottle as well.
Please send your child in clothing that is comfortable for indoor and outdoor, hands-on, messy activities. Closed shoes with socks are preferred. Please, NO flip-flops.