‘Tis the season to mix SciWorks and Santa … it’s time for Festive Family Friday and one-day Winter Camps for the school break!
[title size=”3″]Spangler Rohlfing Pediatric Dentistry Presents Festive Family Friday[/title]
Spangler Rohlfing Pediatric Dentistry is the sponsor of this year’s Festive Family Friday on December 11, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. Admission to Festive Family Friday is just $1, and SciWorks Members are free!
“Festive Family Friday is one of the ways SciWorks gives back to the community,” says Paul Kortenaar, SciWorks’ Executive Director. “We hope everyone will come out this year and engage with all of our interactive exhibits, holiday-themed science demonstrations and other special surprises we have in store.”
Festive Family Friday 2015 Schedule of Events
Entertainment in the Great Hall
- 4:30 – 5:30 UNCSA Community Music School Student and Faculty Ensembles
- 5:30 – 6:30 Suzuki Guitar Ensemble
- 6:30 – 7:30 North Forsyth High School Jazz Combo
- 7:30 – 8:30 Twin City Tuba Ensemble
Santa in the Auditorium (Optional Photos available with Lloyd Aaron Photography)
- 4:30 – 6:30 NOTE: Doors will be closed and line cut off at 6:15 so Santa can feed his reindeer from 6:30-7:00!
- 7:00 – 8:30 Santa’s back!
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Laser Shows in the Planetarium
- 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, and 8:00
UNCSA Community Music School’s Instrument Petting Zoo and Musikgarten in Learning Lab 2
- 4:45 – 8:15 pm
Animal Zone in the Lecture Hall
- 4:45 – 8:15 pm
- Meet live animals, create an animal ornament, and make reindeer food for Rudolph and his pals!
Holiday Crafts in Learning Lab I
- 4:45 – 8:15 pm
Food & Handmade Items for Sale in FoodWorks
- 4:30 – 8 pm
- CiCi’s Pizza, Chick-fil-A Sandwiches, and Baked Goods
- Handmade Crafts and Holiday Gifts
NOTE: Please consume all food & drinks in FoodWorks only.
Carmike 10 Table in KEVAWorks
- Register for fabulous door prizes and ask about them about their special offer for SciWorks visitors!
Photo Booth by Hearts & Arrows Photography in HealthWorks
Gift Shop Open
- 4:30 – 8:15 pm
- Tonight only, get 20% off all regularly-priced merchandise totaling $10 or more.
Roaming Special Guests (Times vary)
- Be on the lookout for special guests Elmo, Supergirl, and the Chick-fil-A Cow around the museum!
SPECIAL DEAL: Tonight ONLY… 20% off all Memberships!
- Visit the Admissions Desk to purchase one for your family or as a gift!
[title size=”3″]Winter Day Camps[/title]
Banish the post-holiday blues with science at SciWorks’ one-day Winter Camps! Spend the day doing hands-on experiments, making crafts, exploring the museum and more. These camps for children ages 6 to 12.
Camp Cost: $40 per day for Members; $45 per day for Non-members.
Camp Times: 9 am to 4 pm. Early drop-off and late pick-up options are available.
- Monday, December 28 – Lights of the Season. Our northern hemisphere winter months have the longest nights, shortest days and coldest temperatures of the year. Beat the winter “blahs” by joining in activities that celebrate winter holidays and bring joy, light and warmth to the season. Explore the wonders of snowflakes, dip a candle, paint a stained glass window and make a treat for the birds. Your attitude toward winter will never be the same!
- Tuesday, December 29 – Cool Science. It’s “s’no” joke! December is the most wonderful time of the year — for science! Find out what makes winter the “coolest” time of year. We’ll have fun creating a blizzard, making instant snow, discovering how ice cream is made, mixing up dry ice concoctions and more!
- Wednesday, December 30 – Great White North. This animal-themed camp features animals that survive in the harshest cold environments on earth. We’ll experiment with how polar bears walk on ice, how penguins keep their eggs warm and other intriguing animals adaptions.
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (336) 714-7105 or visit www.sciworks.org/activities/scicamp/.