Truck & Treat, Kaleideum’s annual blockbuster Halloween bash, has moved to the North campus at 400 W Hanes Mill Road, and it’s bigger and better than ever!
“Our new name for the event,” said Marcus Harshaw, Kaleideum’s Vice President of Education, is ‘Truck & Treat BOOsted!’ We have more room at Kaleideum North to park all of the trucks that participate each year, and we’re BOOsting the event with even more spooky and not-so-spooky family Halloween fun!”
The larger venue at North also provides more room for approximately 1,500 visitors who come for the day to explore the trucks and specialty vehicles, trick-or-treat, dance, and discover all the Museum has to offer. During Truck & Treat BOOsted, visitors can:
- Trick-or-treat among the trucks and jump in the bounce house.
- Dance to the tunes of DJ Hek Yeh.
- Participate in a community art exhibit by adding Halloween and fall-themed craft supplies to a kid-sized cardboard village.
- Explore FrankenSTEM maker activities related to robots, genetic engineering, and electricity. By teaching a robot how to draw, experimenting with simple machines, and even bringing a “creature” to life, visitors will confront the same questions and ideas that bedeviled the fictional Victor Frankenstein.
- Meet live spiders and snakes and learn about the anticoagulant properties of snake venom.
- Amp up your costume with face painting by Fake-a-Face or a magical accessory made by Balloon Agents.
- Make spooky props such as Stellaluna bat puppets and masks, and take a picture in The Branded Bulb, an innovative open-air photo booth.
- Get in the spooky spirit with a Halloween-themed laser show in the Planetarium and the 30-minute Science Spooktacular in the Auditorium.
Truck & Treat BOOsted is a fundraiser for Kaleideum. Admission is $5 per person for both members and non-members. This event and other events throughout the year are sponsored by Berkshire Hathaway, Modern Automotive, Novant, RAI, Siemens, Allegacy, Baby + Co., Publix, Volvo of the Triad, Talon, Tina S. Merhoff & Associates, and Triad Family Services.