SciWorks, Winston-Salem’s non-profit science center and environmental park, is proud to announce the appointment of 10 new members to the SciWorks Board of Directors.
“As SciWorks celebrates its 50th anniversary and undergoes the transformation needed to impact the Winston-Salem community for generations to come, we are very excited about these new members and what they will bring to our Board,” says Paul Kortenaar, Ph.D., Executive Director.
The new board members joining SciWorks in 2014-15 are:
- Mathew Gymer, Ph.D., Director of Corporation Innovation, Novant Health
- LaShun Huntley, Chief Executive Officer, Southside United Health Center
- A. Edward Jones, Retired Deputy Forsyth County Manager
- Angela King, Ph.D., Associate Teaching Professor, Wake Forest University
- Ann Fritchman Merkel, Chief Customer Officer, Target, Hanesbrands
- Denise Pearson, Ph.D., Academic Administrator, Winston-Salem State University
- Jonathan T. Smith, Senior Vice President, CBRE Triad
- Stuart F. Vaughn, Jr., Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
- Katherine K. Watts, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Salem College
- Wrenn Wells, Relationship Manager for Corporate and Institutional Banking, PNC Bank
Serving as officers for 2014-2015 are:
- Chair: Michael A. Myers, J.D., Attorney, Bell Davis & Pitt, P.A.
- Vice Chair: Bryan D. Spach, Area Sales Manager, Vulcan Materials Company
- Treasurer: Jonathan M. Cochrane, Senior Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor, BB&T
- Secretary: Shandra N. Stout, J.D., Attorney, Womble Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, LLP
“The Board at SciWorks has always been enthusiastic and active in its support of this organization,” says Michael Myers, SciWorks’ Board Chair. “I believe the addition of these new Board members and the induction of this year’s class of officers demonstrates Winston-Salem/Forsyth County’s continued and longstanding support for this institution. We are excited about the future and how we can continue SciWorks’ great tradition and legacy for our community.”
The officers and new board members join Dr. Anthony Atala, Mark Baker, Martin Baker, Heather Bumgarner, Jonathan Cochrane, Joel Cook, Hunter Coords, Doug Cruitt, Drew Davis, Elizabeth Davis, Dr. James Dickerson, Dr. Steven Feldman, Adrienne Fletcher, Paul Jones III, Jeff Macintosh, John Millard, Laura Miller, Philip Morgan, Stacy Petronzio, Margaret Pike, Dr. Alex Powers, Brenda Scronce, Patti Shugart, Dr. Eric Tomlinson, Benika Thompson and Meredith Welch on the SciWorks Board of Directors.