Kick off your summer with a progressive celebration at Kaleideum this Saturday, June 3. !
We are marking the start of Kaleideum’s summer of special programs, camps, and exhibits. Join us on June 3 and take part in morning activities at Kaleideum Downtown and afternoon activities at Kaleideum North. The event is free for Kaleideum members, but, as always, non-members who purchase admission at the Downtown location can take their receipts to the North location for free same-day admission there (and vice versa).
Kaleideum Downtown, located at 390 S. Liberty Street in Winston-Salem, will host the first half of the celebration with activities from 10 am until 2 pm, including a special concert by the Dan River Girls at 11:30 am, as well as:
- Veggie sculptures with The Produce Box (10 am – Noon)
- Button-making in the Art Studio
- Movement wand-making in the Art Studio
- Paper hat-making in TheProp Shop, Kaleideum’s newest exhibit
- Kona Ice selling cool treats
- Door Prize drawing for a chance to win a Family 4-pack of tickets to Peppercorn Theatre at Kaleideum’s The Sky Game (running June 16-July 2) or two tickets to the next Kaleideum After Dark (adults-only) evening which will take place on July 14
The Summer Kick-off event will conclude at Kaleideum North, located at 400 W. Hanes Mill Road in Winston-Salem, with activities from 1 to 5 pm, including:
- Grand Opening of this summer’s Engineer It exhibit (at 10 am)
- Science experiments and activities in the Great Hall and outdoor Science Park
- Demonstrations by the Atkins High School Robotics Club
- Dinosaur Bounce House
- Solar Eclipse Craft
- Door Prize drawing for a chance to win a space prize pack from the SciShop, free registration for two kids (ages 4-11) to Parents Night Out on July 22, or a Family 4-pack of tickets to the Solar Eclipse Party on August 21
At both locations, visitors who purchase or renew a Kaleideum membership will receive a free Kaleideum t-shirt (which supplies last). For more information about camps, exhibits, and special programs at both locations, visit kaleideum.org.