Volunteer with Kaleideum
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Kaleideum! As a volunteer, you can help in a variety of positions, depending on your personal interest and/or the needs at our two locations. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, both indoor and outdoor, that interact with the public or behind-the-scenes.
- Education Office — Help staff prepare materials. This may include cutting, stapling, copying, etc. Help maintain records and filing as needed. Volunteers needed year round.
- Program Assistant — Assist Kaleideum educator during scheduled school field trips. Assist students during program with class activities. Volunteers needed weekday mornings.
- Science Demonstration — Volunteers present a variety of science demonstrations to our visitors. Volunteers in this position must be comfortable presenting to the public, have a good basic knowledge of science concepts and be self-motivated. Volunteers needed year round.
- Special Events —Assist with crafts, crowd control, refreshments, set-up and clean-up. Special Events are typically held on weekends or evenings throughout the year.
- Camp-ins — Assist with activities and crafts, prepare and serve food, floor monitor. Volunteers needed Friday evenings in the spring.
- Summer Camp — Assist teachers with activities, crafts, games, set-up and clean-up, supervise children during camp. Volunteers needed June – August half- and full-day assignments. Must enjoy working with children.
- Animal Care — Assist staff with preparing food, cleaning animal enclosures, sweeping, washing dishes. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and willing to work indoors and out, rain or shine. Limited openings available.
- Planetarium at Kaleideum North — Assist planetarium staff by presenting scheduled shows. Volunteers needed year round during regular operating hours.
Mail your application to:
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
400 West Hanes Mill Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
For more information, contact:
Manager of Community Engagement